[Setup] Re: migrating a site with default encoding other than utf-8

Mats Lidell matsl at contactor.se
Thu Feb 9 22:47:01 UTC 2006

>>>>> Hanno wrote:

Hanno> I have now written a small script that should help in the
Hanno> encoding migration. You can get it from
Hanno> http://svn.plone.org/svn/plone/CMFPlone/branches/2.1/Extensions/convertToUTF8.py
Hanno> or wait on the next bug fix release of Plone (scheduled for
Hanno> late December 2005) where it will be included.

The 2.1.2 release seems to handle this fine for most types. All
"normal" content seems to be converted properly anyway. Unfortunately
I have other objects, most important "CMFCollector Issues", that I
would like to migrate to utf-8 as well. User names are also subject to
this problem and maybe there are more.

Is the only way to go to write similar conversion scripts for all non
at types? I was hoping for some more generic way to convert from
iso-8859 to utf-8.

Yours
--
%% Mats