[Setup] Re: CMFOODocument

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Tue Feb 7 15:17:25 UTC 2006

> KeyError: 'base_edit'
> ------------
>
> I don't know where to even start solving this problem.
>
> Does someone know what I can do about this?

base_edit.pt is a template within Archetypes that is used to edit
archetypes-based content.

Your system is saying it can't find it.

It would seem Archetypes must be correctly installed on your system or a
lot of other stuff would be broken....

Can you see base_edit, if you go, via ZMI , to portal_skins, archetypes?
If not,  you've not got Archetypes installed correctly.

If thats OK have a look via the ZMI, in portal_skins, properties. Is the
archetypes layer listed in the skin that your site is using - if in
doubt, make sure its in all skins listed - I can't imagine why it
wouldn't be though.

If thats all OK I would think it would be something to do with paths
being screwed up.

Or your main issue may simply be that CMFOODocument is not yet
compatible with Plone 2.1. Make sure you've got the latest version.

Hope this gets you somewhere

Nick