[Setup] Re: Is it OK to have Members folder type ATFolder not ATBTreeFolder in Plone 2.1.2?

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Wed Feb 1 08:39:49 UTC 2006

Harri Alstelain wrote:
> Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:05:53 +0000, Nick Davis kirjoitti:
>

> and selecting portal_types from the left I see:
>
> Plone Types Tool at /sitename/portal_types

> Should I also have "Large Plone Folder" listed here?

I think so! We certainly do.

>>can you get to mysite.portal_types['Large Plone Folder']!
>

> Where? How? Doesn't look like URL to me :-)

In zopectl debug

> I run several sites, oldest of them come originally from "Plone 0.X beta".
> Maybe there has been an error in some older migration. In what version was
> "Large Plone Folder" introduced?

I don't know.

> If I only have "Folder" I guess I need a way to convert "Members Folder"
>    "Folder" -> "Large Plone Folder"
>
> Or will it be easier to fix that in 2.1.2 by somehow converting
>    "ATFolder" -> "ATBTreeFolder"?
Sorry , I don't know  . ;-(

How about this for an idea:

In the original Plone 2.0.5/Zope 2.7.x instance, create a new Plone site
, called , say ,'secondsite'.
The Members folder in secondsite should automatically be a Large Plone
Folder. Now copy all your individual Members folders from the original
site to secondsite's Members folder. (through te ZMI)
Then delete Members out of the original site, and copy entire Members
folder from secondsite to your original site.

Now you should be left with , in your original site, Members being a
'Large Plone Folder' , and containing all the individual directories.

If that works, then you're ready to migrate.......