[Setup] Out of the box Plone and "this document contains no data"

Charlie Ward charliew at oxfam.org.au
Wed Feb 1 00:49:05 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

We have had Plone versions 2.0.5, 2.1.1RC2, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 installed on
a Windows box.  We're using the webserver packaged with the product.  On
each version we use we have found that we are not able to upload
documents of any kind that are larger than (approx) 1 mb either TTW or
using WEBDAV.  The only workaround is to use FTP.

Attempting a TTW upload of a large pdf document produces a browser error
"The document contains no data".  E.g I create a new "File', fill out
the information, browse to the file in question, click on the Save
button, the error appears and then the form never gets submitted.

The only suggestion I've had is to look at LimitRequestBody Apache
directive - I've not been able to find any advice for people using the
Zope webserver.

This error is very inconvenient and the consistency of this problem
(three different versions of Plone) leads me to believe others must be
experiencing this same problem.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Charlie.