[Setup] Remote access to Plone site on Debian Linux

Michael Cumming m.j.cumming at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 20:23:37 UTC 2006

This is a newbie question: I am trying to set up a remote (virtual) Debian
server using the Plone unified Linux installer from source.  I managed to
set up the ZEO server and clients 1 & 2. The install went smoothly and
everything seems to work fine.

The question is: how do I log on remotely to the site (in order to continue
setting it up)?

I tried logging on using a browser http://<ip address of linux
server>:8080/manage_main (in order to manually add a Plone site to the ZEO
cluster, which is the next step in the readme). But this brings up a blank
page.

I tried  the command "nmap localhost" on the remote server
and port 8080 (the port I expect to use) shows as an http-proxy

Is there any other way to check whether things are set up properly, from the
command line?
thanks,
--
Michael Cumming