[Setup] Re: plone-users group suddenly not accepting posts

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Dec 18 11:08:18 UTC 2006

Reinout van Rees wrote:

>>Nick Davis wrote:
>>
>>>Hello,
>>>  This morning I suddenly became "not allowed to post" to plone-users.
>>>Anyone else experience this problem or know of anything weird going on
>>>this morning?
>>
>>Lately limi changed the mailing list policy from "accept all posts" to
>>"subscribers only" (which is actually the default). Those spammers were
>>too much of a pest.
>>
>>Don't know how you're reading/posting normally? You might need to
>>subscribe (you *can* turn off email delivery, though).
>

> Aargh, I thought that gmane should work, but apparently not. I've got
> some failed posts too. But only in the last hour. Before, it worked.
>
> I'm going to ask around on #plone.
>
> Reinout

Reinout,
   Thanks for answer. I'm possibly not subscribed.
Quite possibly they've tightened up spam filtering, to our detriment.
Maybe you I and others are now on a list of spammers as result of being
impersonated (i.e spammers making stuff look it like came from us, which
is easy to do when our email addresses are widely known)  ;-(
Nick

--
Nick Davis
Web Application Developer