[Setup] TypeError: unsubscriptable object - Roles / Permissions not working correctly

Reggie Dindiyal ReggieD at msdinc.com
Wed Dec 13 23:27:03 UTC 2006

Hello Plone users/developers,

At our company, we have plone 2.1.3 setup using the Enfold Proxy (works
with Internet Infromation Server - IIS).  The Enfold Proxy, a third
party product, communicates with our Active Directory to verify users
and dynamically register them in the plone system.  For a while, we had
just 1 admin who updated the content and files on the page.  Now we are
trying to create folders to share to specific groups that we have
created and to have some of the folders have specific admins in addition
to our normal admin.   When assigning a specific group a role with even
all permissions selected for a specific folder and/or file however, the
user coming through with the group permissions gets the following error
which we haven't been able to solve after researching and experimenting
for many days.  The error also appears when the user attempts to change
the state in the contents view.  Here is the error:

Site Error

TypeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 188, in publish_module_standard
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
34, in new_publish
    * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 216, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 445, in traverse
    * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GroupUserFolder, line 1046, in
validate
    * Module AccessControl.User, line 641, in validate
    * Module Products.GroupUserFolder.GroupUserFolder, line 1026, in
authenticate
    * Module AccessControl.User, line 584, in authenticate
    * Module AccessControl.User, line 122, in authenticate
    * Module AccessControl.AuthEncoding, line 153, in pw_validate

TypeError: unsubscriptable object (Also, the following error occurred
while attempting to render the standard error message, please see the
event log for full details: Not authorized to access binding: context)

Troubleshooting Suggestions

    * The URL may be incorrect.
    * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
    * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
error.

For more detailed information about the error, please refer to error
log.

If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you for
your patience.

Any ideas/tips/help on a fix for this would be appreciated.  It's kept
us up late and maybe a new perspective may help us find the cause of
this.  The error log doesn't provide any useful information for
debugging, so we're at a lost.

Thanks

- Reg