[Setup] 2.0.5 to 2.1.4

Stephan Goeldi gozope at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 09:46:01 UTC 2006

I migrated from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.4 (Zope 2.7.9).

Now when a user logs in, he is told to enter a new password, because
it is the first login.
When the user enters a new password, this is the Traceback:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPageTemplate, line
102, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.BaseControllerPageTemplate, line
43, in _call
  Module Products.CMFFormController.ControllerBase, line 247, in getNext
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Actions.TraverseTo, line 36, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPythonScript, line
111, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.ControllerBase, line 247, in getNext
  Module Products.CMFFormController.Actions.TraverseTo, line 36, in __call__
  Module Products.CMFFormController.FSControllerPythonScript, line
111, in __call__
... repeated a  lot of times ...
RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded

I did NOT install CMFMember. When I install CMFMember 1.1b2, there is
the red exclamation mark at cmfmember_control. There the core
information tells me:
    *   CMFMember File System: 1.1-beta2
    * CMFMember Instance: plone

When I try to migrate CMFMember, it tells me:
    *  Workflows reinstalled
    * Workflow for Member set to member_auto_workflow
    * Dry run selected.
    * Starting the migration from version: plone
    * Attempting to upgrade from: plone
    * Upgrade aborted
    * Error type: exceptions.AttributeError
    * Error value: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__of__'
    * File "/var/Zope-2.7.9/Products/CMFMember/tools/control.py", line
459, in upgrade newv, msgs = self._upgrade(newv)
    * File "/var/Zope-2.7.9/Products/CMFMember/tools/control.py", line
565, in _upgrade res = function(self.aq_parent)
    * File "/var/Zope-2.7.9/Products/CMFMember/migrations/v1/plone_one0a.py",
line 320, in oneZeroAlpha for msg in replaceTools(portal, custSchema):
out.append(msg)
    * File "/var/Zope-2.7.9/Products/CMFMember/migrations/v1/plone_one0a.py",
line 123, in replaceTools user = _getUserById(portal, id)
    * File "/var/Zope-2.7.9/Products/CMFMember/migrations/v1/plone_one0a.py",
line 57, in _getUserById return
acl_users.getUser(id).__of__(acl_users)
    * End of upgrade path, migration has finished
    * The upgrade path did NOT reach current version
    * Migration has failed
    * Dry run selected, transaction aborted

I don't know though if I really need CMFMember to be installed.