[Setup] Re: Plone 2.5 plonePAS and LDAP

akameswaran akameswaran at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 16:43:52 UTC 2006

I just got this workign us LDAPMultiplugin 1.4 and LDAPUSerFolder 2.8
beta.  I had no luck with the patch on 1.2  This patch is not necessary
with 1.4

I at one point had the same problem (LDAP shows up under products, but
couldn't add to PAS)  The problem was private python could import ldap,
but not _ldap.  Either case - those types of issue may be due to not
having ldap modules in the python interpreter being used by zope.

FYI
Used the plone 2.5.1 bundle for Suse10.1 - you know the bundled rpm's.
I then had to manually install the python ldap package to the private
python 2.4 created by the rpm's.

I only have authentication working at this point - but that's all I
wanted it for.