[Setup] Plone 2.5 plonePAS and LDAP

Steven McDonald mcdonald at triumf.ca
Thu Dec 7 04:47:53 UTC 2006

Hello

    I have been following some of the discussions regarding plone and
LDAP using the PlonePAS, I have read some of the docs people have
suggested but haven't gotten  too far. I have installed LDAPUserFolder
2.7-beta as well as the LDAPMultiPlugin 1.2 (I also even tried version
1.4). I tried installing the plone patch from dataflake
(LDAPMultiPlugins-plone.org.patch)  but when I did this it did not seem
to patch correctly, output below from patch -p0 < LDAPMultiPlugins-plone.org

> patching file LDAPPluginBase.py
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 23.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 98.
> Hunk #3 FAILED at 203.
> 3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file LDAPPluginBase.py.rej
> patching file LDAPMultiPlugin.py
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 30.
> Hunk #2 FAILED at 312.
> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file LDAPMultiPlugin.py.rej
> patching file property.py

Also all the docs say go to acl_users in your site instance and add a
LDAP Multi Plugin from the drop down menu. Even though I have installed
LDAPuserFolder and LDAPMultiPlugin and they seem to have installed
without incident (even though the patch did not look very healthy) I do
not see any LDAP Multi Plugin option to add.

Suggestions, Comments ... my config is as follows
> Zope Version
>
> (Zope 2.8.7-final, python 2.3.5, linux2)
> Python Version
>
> 2.3.5 (#1, Dec 8 2005, 21:21:51) [GCC 3.4.3 20050227 (Red Hat
> 3.4.3-22.1)]
> System Platform
>
> linux2
> SOFTWARE_HOME