[Setup] Re: Plone on SSL-only site - best setup method?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Mon Dec 4 09:36:43 UTC 2006

Nolan Garrett wrote:

> I've considered setting it up the following ways:
>
> Pound -> Squid -> Pound -> ZEO
> Apache -> Squid -> Pound -> ZEO
>
> Does this make any sense?  I read about but have been unable to find
> more detailed reference to the fact that caching can be performed in
> zope, meaning I might be able to just use Pound -> ZEO.

For best caching (=CacheFu) results, put squid in front of zope. I'm not
sure if you can put pound inbetween, but that's because I don't have
experience with pound yet. But in any case: you'll need squid.

In my experience, it is handiest to put apache somewhere in front of
that (again, not sure of the Pound location). Apache is handy for
juggling the various IPs and domain names.

So: apache+squid+zope is the most well-known combination. Put zope in a
zeo setup to allow more servers to share in the load. Pound sounds like
the thing you'll need somewhere along the way, but I haven't looked at
that myself yet.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                       r.van.rees @ zestsoftware.nl