[Setup] Re: Can't Start Plone 2.5

Chris personaltechnologist at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 08:40:07 UTC 2006

> Correct--one reason why I configured the installer to build
> everything in a self-contained folder.
>
> -Kamal

I'm having the same problem as the original poster to the thread:

  File "/opt/Plone-2.5/lib/python/AccessControl/ImplC.py", line 30, in
?
    from ImplPython import RestrictedDTML, SecurityManager,
ZopeSecurityPolicy
ImportError: No module named ImplPython

After doing research on the problem in various places, the one common
answer has been conflicting python versions.  But if everything is
built (and run within?) in a self-contained folder, then presumably
this problem shouldn't really happen right?  Is it possible that the
system is going out and via the system's PATH environment hijacking the
version of python we're trying to use?  If everything's built/installed
via the UnifiedInstaller, then do we really have to worry about
conflicting versions of python?

I've got a ticket (#5760) open about this on dev.plone.org.  Hopefully
I'll hear something about it.  There's also another thread currently
active on the Plone Error References page too
(http://plone.org/documentation/error/importerror-no-module-named-implpython/?searchterm=implpython)
which hopefully will stimulate some more troubleshooting.

Cheers,

Chris
ps.  Kamal, as an FYI I had to add CFLAGS='fPIC' to each of the make
statements in the install.sh file in order to get everything to
compile/install for me (AMD x_64, CentOS) including the 'make test'
line for zlib which was changed to 'make CFLAGS='fPIC' test' instead.
Otherwise everything installed like a champ! Thanks!!