[Setup] Re: Clean FC5/Plone Installation: Python Error

Larry Pitcher pitcherl at bakerboyer.com
Fri Aug 18 15:57:19 UTC 2006

Wendi,

I think most of us install from source, so I'm not sure about these other
installation methods. There is a good how-to here:
http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/setup-from-source

It will guide you through the process and you'll have an installation that
Just Works. I doesn't take too long, and it will help you understand a
little more of what's going on behind the scenes. Also take a look at this
how-to to learn more about ZEO:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/robust-installation

I don't think the how-tos were written with the latest versions in mind, but
that's not too complicated to figure out if you read the README.TXT or so...

HTH,

Larry Pitcher