[Setup] enabling ftp upload

ashley camba stuff4ash at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 20:42:41 UTC 2006

after a long run trying to get ftp uploads to work in what i thought was my
broken plone installation, i tested clean installs of 2.1.3 and 2.5 using
windows installers and I cannot upload via ftp, only via webdav.

i can browse via ftp (enabled in zope.conf), but once i try to create a folder
or copy something into an existing folder, i get a 550 error access denied.

so I guess there is something else I have to tweak, but don't know what. Tried
changing roles and permissions here and there in the ZMI, no luck. any ideas?

thanks. ashley