[Setup] Error when adding Plone Site on fresh install (2.5)

Sverre Helge Bolstad sverrehelge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:34:27 UTC 2006

Hi all

I just installed from source on linux :

python 2.4.3
Imaging-1.1.5
Zope 2.9.4-final
Plone 2.5 (I left out the Five directory as instructed)

Everything works fine till I try to add a Plone Site. I fill in id,
title, description and do not choose any Extension profiles. When I
press "Add site" I get:

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: Members

This is from the log:

2006-08-23T23:04:42 ERROR Zope.SiteErrorLog http://---.-----.no:8090/
manage_addProduct/CMFPlone/addPloneSite
Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Products.CMFPlone.factory, line 44, in addPloneSite
   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 251, in runAllImportSteps
    - __traceback_info__: profile-CMFPlone:plone
   Module Products.GenericSetup.tool, line 725, in _doRunImportStep
    - __traceback_info__: plone-final
   Module Products.CMFPlone.setuphandlers, line 206, in importFinalSteps
   Module Products.CMFPlone.setuphandlers, line 124, in
setupPortalContent
AttributeError: Members
------

When I reload the page I find that a plone site is added. When I look
at it in the zmi evertything seems ok, except there is a
"ATContenttypes needs updating" sign besides the portal_atct in the
zmi. When I try to view the site I get this error:

Traceback (innermost last):

     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 194, in publish_module_standard
     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO,
line 34, in new_publish
     * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 222, in zpublisher_exception_hook
     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 41, in call_object
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
     * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 195, in _exec
     * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPageTemplate, line 134, in pt_render
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 104, in
pt_render
       <FSPageTemplate at /test/folder_listing>
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 238, in __call__
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 780, in do_defineSlot
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 715, in do_condition
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 780, in do_defineSlot
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 749, in do_useMacro
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 715, in do_condition
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 457, in do_optTag_tal
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 442, in do_optTag
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 437, in no_tag
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 281, in interpret
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 691, in do_loop_tal
[...]
     * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 507, in do_setLocal_tal
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
       Line 40, Column 12
       Expression: standard:'here/my_worklist'
       Names:

       {'container': <PloneSite at /test>,
        'context': <PloneSite at /test>,
        'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at
0xb709374c>,
        'here': <PloneSite at /test>,
        'loop': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at
0xb3531c8c>,
        'modules':
<Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter instance
at 0xb703b36c>,
        'nothing': None,
        'options': {'args': ()},
        'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at
0xb3531c8c>,
        'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://friweb.nidelven-it.no:
8090/test/folder_listing>,
        'root': <Application at >,
        'template': <FSPageTemplate at /test/folder_listing>,
        'traverse_subpath': [],
        'user': <PropertiedUser 'friweb'>}

     * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 185, in __call__
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 180, in _eval
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 77, in render
     * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 76, in
call_with_ns
     * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 103, in
__render_with_namespace__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 325, in
__render_with_namespace__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
     * Module Products.CMFCore.FSPythonScript, line 164, in _exec
     * Module None, line 4, in my_worklist
       <FSPythonScript at /test/my_worklist>
       Line 4
     * Module Products.CMFPlone.WorkflowTool, line 194, in
getWorklistsResults
     * Module Products.CMFPlacefulWorkflow.patches.workflowtoolPatch,
line 55, in getChainFor

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'chain' referenced before
assignment (Also, the following error occurred while attempting to
render the standard error message, please see the event log for full
details: local variable 'chain' referenced before assignment)

I have tried reinstalling zope and plone (not python) with the same
result.
Does anyone have any hints on why I get this ? I have several older
sites which I really want to move to 2.5..

Thanks!
Sverre Helge