[Setup] Re: attempting to upgrade plone 2.0.5 to 2.1 or 2.5

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Aug 28 23:31:01 UTC 2006

Chris Curvey wrote:
> Alexander Limi wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 05:22:45 -0700, news.gmane.org
>> <chris at chriscurvey.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, I'm getting closer.  Instead of exporting the whole site, I
>>> exported things folder-by-folder and then imported those.  That went
>>> much smoother, EXCEPT for my PloneCollectorNG instance.  That is
>>> giving me the "unpack list of wrong size".  Anybody got any
>>> suggestions?  (I'm running PCNG 1.2.7 under Plone 2.0.5.)
>>>
>>> I think I'm confused about which version of PCNG to install in Plone
>>> 2.1, and the sequence of installing that product vs. importing the data.
>>
>> Install latest PCNG in the instance first, and try either cut/paste
>> (not copy!) from a parallel instance, or export/import.
>>

> Rats.  I have just found out from the PCNG author that export/import
> will not work for this upgrade.  Which means that I have to fall back to
> using the migration tool to upgrade from 2.0.5 to 2.1 or 2.5.
>
> So I've tried again, and gotten the same result on both 2.1 and 2.5.  I
> get an IndexError in c:\program
> files\plone21\data\products\MinetypesRegistry\mime_types\py_mimetypes.py,
> line 44, in initialize if ext[0] == '.'
>
> Any thoughts about what this might mean?  Do I need to install a
> different version of MimetypesRegistry?  Is there a type that I need to
> install?

Take a look at my other
post...http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.setup/1364

Also, yes Plone 2.1.x comes with a newer version of Mimetypes as part of
the Archetypes package dependancies.
The trick I had to do, was upgrade most products to 2.1.x compatible.
Stop server.
Clear everything but those recently upgraded products.
Add in the new plone tarball products.
Add in PCNG 1.2.9
Restart, go to ZMI directly and run the migration.

Alex