[Setup] Re: attempting to upgrade plone 2.0.5 to 2.1 or 2.5

news.gmane.org chris at chriscurvey.com
Fri Aug 25 12:22:45 UTC 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 13:21:14 -0700, Chris Curvey
> <chris at chriscurvey.com> wrote:
>

> If you just want to move your basic content over, by far the easiest way
> to do it is to create a new Plone 2.5 instance and do what is detailed at:
>
> http://plone.org/documentation/migration/2.1

Okay, I'm getting closer.  Instead of exporting the whole site, I
exported things folder-by-folder and then imported those.  That went
much smoother, EXCEPT for my PloneCollectorNG instance.  That is giving
me the "unpack list of wrong size".  Anybody got any suggestions?  (I'm
running PCNG 1.2.7 under Plone 2.0.5.)

I think I'm confused about which version of PCNG to install in Plone
2.1, and the sequence of installing that product vs. importing the data.

Thanks for the help.