[Setup] Automating ZEO daemon startup

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 08:31:19 UTC 2006

On 8/23/06, Kamal Gill <ksgill at mac.com> wrote:
> The error is caused by an improper permission setting in /log/zeo.log
> when the daemon starts up.

Hi Kamal, thanks for responding but the problem still stands.

The tutorial included instructions to change the permissions (to 755,
not 775 - which I followed). I changed the permissions as you
suggested, but it hasn't stopped the error occuring. I even tried 777
for the log directory and the log file, so I don't think that's it.

Looking at the .py file it seems the error is around opening a socket
(and perhaps setting it to 700 as well).

I'll try the Zope list if there's no more ideas as to the resolution -
that .py file is beyond my understanding

Perhaps it has something to do with the user private groups in RHEL?

I'm using:
CentOS 3.7
Python 2.4.3
Zope 2.9.4