[Setup] Automating ZEO daemon startup

Kamal Gill ksgill at mac.com
Wed Aug 23 05:43:07 UTC 2006

The error is caused by an improper permission setting in /log/zeo.log
when the daemon starts up.
This is an annoying bug that probably should be reported to the Zope
development team.
For a workaround, see the following lines the the Plone 2.5 Unified
(UNIX/Linux) Installer's install.sh script.

--snip--

# Pre-initialize log file and set appropriate permissions
# (if unset, ZEO server refuses to start as an unprivileged user via
'zeoctl start')
touch $ZEOSERVER_HOME/log/zeo.log
chmod 775 $ZEOSERVER_HOME/log/zeo.log

--snip--