[Setup] Re: Can't Get Products To Show Up!

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Aug 21 09:50:32 UTC 2006

> beno wrote:
>
>> The products don't show up in the "Products" folder, even though I
>> unpacked Plone there *and* added softlinks from the dirs in
>> Plone-2.0.5 to the "Products" dir. So what gives?
>

> There's probably something wrong with your 'softlinks' or with the
> directories they point to.

Beno,
   Alex and Rene gave good advice.

But also, please do NOT use 2.0.5. You will give yourself a big headache
if you do.

2.1.3 is a lot better.

Or you could use 2.5. In my personal opinion 2.5 is not production-ready
yet, but if you're still doing development, you could use 2.5 and by the
time you're ready to go live it'll be more mature, and more 3rd-party
products will work with it.

   If you use 2.0.5 you will experience a painful migration to 2.1.
If you use 2.1.3, the migration to 2.5 is not bad at all.

Regards
Nick

--
Nick Davis