[Setup] Re: I am now unable to use my preferred structured text to create email links, hyper links and content etc etc

Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator chuck at smtl.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 09:59:05 UTC 2006

Hi List

Sorry if I did not make myself clear But from my point of view I have
created and got three zope/plone sites up working and on the internet.

I used Structered Text Not **HTML** ct create these sites as I have used
Structerd text since the early days.

I Click On the Edit Tab, and there is usually three Format options
Structered Text,HTML or Plain Text which where available upto Zope 2.7.0
and Plone 2.0.5RC.

I have a only a one default option and that is HTML since the upgrade.
I have since had a responce relating to kupu visual editor which I
apparently  need to disable.

I am using SuSE Linux Enterprise 9, Zope 2.9.4, Plone 2.5, PIL 1.2.4 and
Python 2.4.3

My setup.

Zope Version (Zope 2.9.4-final, python 2.4.3, linux2)
Python Version 2.4.3
GCC 3.3.3
SuSE Linux System Platform  linux2

I will send this to plone-users

So sorry again If I had sent this to the wrong mailing list.
Thus how do I diable kupu without breaking plone as I am unable to un
install this kupu Product via Add/Remove Products ZMI.

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 19:37 +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Chuck Amadi Systems Administrator wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Not much help very low volume list.
>
> Try plone-users, this is not really a setup question.
>
> > Well I am quite disappointed I have add test page after adding Re
> > Structured Text page.
> > and had a play but required STX within the ZMI.
> >
> > Thus I have to resort to html and this will take me even longer thus
> > migrating from 2.6.4 has been an experience.
>
> The reason that you get no help is most likely that people don't
> understand what you're asking. You're not really giving us enough
> context (which is probably due to your partial understanding of the
> problem) to understand what to suggest. You need to be much more
> specific about what you're doing (down to "I went to this URL and
> clicked this link, and this is what I see", if necessary) and what
> you're trying to achieve.
>
> Martin

Unix/ Linux Systems Administrator
Chuck Amadi
The Surgical Material Testing Laboratory (SMTL),
Princess of Wales Hospital
Coity Road
Bridgend,
United Kingdom, CF31 1RQ.