[Setup] Workflow question

René Pijlman rene at lab.applinet.nl
Wed Aug 16 19:03:00 UTC 2006

Frank Rocco wrote:
> Can someone point me to the correct list or forum if my question does
> not fit this list?

plone-users is the best mailing list for this question.

> I am assigned a task of creating a form to capture "Employee Change
> Notice" for HR that needs to flow a workflow of managers that can
> approve or reject the change request.

I'm sure you can do that with Plone. You'd design your own custom
workflow and a content type for the change notice. You may also need to
define roles or groups to ensure that every manager has the proper
authorization.

Creating workflows in Plone:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/creating-workflows-in-plone

Creating content types:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/richdocument

Understanding permissions:
http://plone.org/documentation/tutorial/understanding-permissions

It does seem a bit complex though, to configure all this machinery just
to be able to process one type of business document. But if these are
the requirements, Plone can certainly comply.

--
René
http://www.applinet.nl