[Setup] Re: PIL is not installed properly

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Tue Aug 15 08:44:53 UTC 2006

Joe Bigler wrote:

> Is there any way I can fix the warning message about PIL not being properly
> installed?

Yes. Probably by actually installing PIL.  ;-)

I think this is one of the (possibly rare) occasions when an error
message does actually mean what it says.  ;-)

Googling for "PIL Python Windows" revealed :
http://www.pythonware.com/products/pil/

If you're sure you've already got PIL in the python 2.4 version (which
you can test by something like import PIL) then its a path issue.

Perhaps Plone's on-line documentation is unclear about the fact the PIL
is an external pre-requisite......

HTH

Nick

--