[Setup] PIL is not installed properly

Joe Bigler jeb6 at psu.edu
Tue Aug 15 02:16:55 UTC 2006

I tried searching the archives and did find one solution to this, but it
assumes a Linux install using Debian.  I am using Windows XP Professional.

I get this message in the Plone Site Setup at the bottom of the page:

Plone version overview
Plone 2.5,
Zope (Zope 2.9.3, python 2.4.2, win32),
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)],

Warning: PIL is not installed properly, image scaling will not work.

Note: You are running in "debug mode". This mode is intended for sites that
are under development. This allows many configuration changes to be
immediately evident, but will make your site run more slowly. To turn off
debug mode, edit your zope.conf file to say 'debug-mode off' - then restart
the server process.

I am running Zope as service on my laptop.

Is there any way I can fix the warning message about PIL not being properly
installed?

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Joe