[Setup] Re: HELP! I lost my plone-site in a system upgrade

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Fri Aug 11 15:31:42 UTC 2006

Rick DeNatale wrote:

> When I first started zope after the system upgrade I got a message
> that it was skipping plone-site (old/purged)
>
> I've copied /var/lib/zope2.8 from a backup taken before the upgrade,
> and it stopped that message on startup, but no other change.  I
> checked /etc/zope2.8/plone-site/zope.conf and it's the sam as the
> backup.
>
> It looks like before the upgrade, zope was version 2.8.1 and now it's
> 2.8.6.1.  zope-cmfplone was 2.1 and now it's 2.1.2.

You should be able to take the Data.fs from your pre-upgrade backup,
copy this into <zope_instance>/var in the newly upgraded box, then you
need to go to the ZMI to portal_migration, to actually do the plone
upgrade from 2.1 to 2.1.2.

Actually your /var/lib/Zope2.8 from backup may now screw things up as
its old code. You want all the latest code. Just get the old Data.fs
from backup.

Now if it keeps skipping the Plone site on startup , thats a weird
problem that needs investigation - turn up logging and look for clues in
event.log. But at least you know this data is inside Data.fs in your
backup and not lost.....

Nick

--
Nick Davis