[Setup] HELP! I lost my plone-site in a system upgrade

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 14:31:53 UTC 2006

I was running Ubuntu breezy (5.10), and had a plone site using Zope2.8.

Last Sunday, I upgraded the system to Ubuntu dapper (6.05), and can no
longer see my plone-site.  I can bring up the ZMI, but it looks pretty
empty:

On the left side:
Root Folder
  Control_Panel
  Database
      main
      temporary
  Products
      too many to list here
  TranslationService
  acl_users
  temp_folder

And on the right:
Folder at /
   Control_Panel (Control Panel)
   acl_users (User Folder)
   browser_id_manager (Browser Id Manager)
   error_log
   index_html
   session_data_manager(Session Data Manager)
   standard_error_message
   standard_html_footer
   standard_html_header
   standard_template.pt
   temp_folder
   virtual_hosting

===
When I first started zope after the system upgrade I got a message
that it was skipping plone-site (old/purged)

I've copied /var/lib/zope2.8 from a backup taken before the upgrade,
and it stopped that message on startup, but no other change.  I
checked /etc/zope2.8/plone-site/zope.conf and it's the sam as the
backup.

It looks like before the upgrade, zope was version 2.8.1 and now it's
2.8.6.1.  zope-cmfplone was 2.1 and now it's 2.1.2.

What should I look at/try next?

--
Rick DeNatale

IPMS/USA Region 12 Coordinator