[Setup] OS X Install Hangs

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Tue Aug 8 15:05:03 UTC 2006

I downloaded the OS X binary installer from the site last night and
ran it. It got about 90% or so complete, then stopped with the
message "Running Install Script" and indicate less than a minute
remaining. That lasted for more than an hour. I aborted the install,
deleted the folder and files listed in the uninstall instructions,
and tried it again. Twice. Same exact result both times.

I'm running OS X 10.4.7, have gobs of disk space available, 1.25G of
RAM. I do have Python 2.3.4 installed but in a different directory
from the one Plone is trying to install in.

The logs don't show any activity.

Dan