[Setup] Re: Migration from 2.0.2

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Mon Aug 7 09:51:14 UTC 2006

Des Dougan wrote:

> I've just set up a new test box, with Plone 2.1.2 and Zope 2.8.0 on a
> CentOS 4.3 derivative. I copied across my Plone 2.0.2 site and migrated
> it per the migration document on plone.org. This process went fine - no
> issues found. However, when I try to connect to the site, I get the
> following error, and would appreciate help in debugging the issue:

You probably simply need to re-customise global_defines.pt .

Quoting from this document http://plone.org/documentation/migration/2.1  :

"Tip: How to re-customize your templates

If you have done significant changes to the Plone 2.0 templates
(functionally, that is - the CSS classes are mostly the same as in 2.0),
you may have to re-apply these customizations to the 2.1 templates. The
best way to do this is:

     * Have one directory with the original Plone 2.0 templates
     * Compare your customized templates with the original Plone 2.0
ones (a visual diff tool is useful for this - we recommend Meld for
Linux, FileMerge (included in XCode) for Mac OS X, and WinMerge for Windows)
     * Apply those changes to the 2.1 templates. Of course, your
customizations should not touch the original Plone 2.1 files, so make
sure you place your customized templates in a file system Product, or in
the custom directory in portal_skins. "

HTH
Nick

--