[Setup] Migration from 2.0.2

Des Dougan des at DouganConsulting.com
Sun Aug 6 03:28:48 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've just set up a new test box, with Plone 2.1.2 and Zope 2.8.0 on a
CentOS 4.3 derivative. I copied across my Plone 2.0.2 site and migrated
it per the migration document on plone.org. This process went fine - no
issues found. However, when I try to connect to the site, I get the
following error, and would appreciate help in debugging the issue:

Site Error

AttributeError
Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 187, in publish_module_standard
    * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51, in new_publish
    * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 199, in zpublisher_exception_hook
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 311, in __call__
    * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 348, in _bindAndExec
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 256, in _exec
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 102, in pt_render
      <ZopePageTemplate at /Plone/document_view used for /Plone/index_html>
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 190, in __call__
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 671, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 409, in do_optTag_tal
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 394, in do_optTag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 389, in no_tag
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 671, in do_useMacro
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 234, in interpret
    * Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 464, in do_setGlobal_tal
    * Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
      Line 3, Column 0
      Expression: <PythonExpr here.hide_columns(sl,sr)>
      Names:

      {'container': <Products.CMFPlone.Portal.PloneSite object at 0xb37b296c>,
       'context': <ATDocument at /Plone/index_html>,
       'default': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.Default instance at 0xb76f356c>,
       'here': <ATDocument at /Plone/index_html>,
       'loop': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at 0xb3427aac>,
       'modules': <Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr._SecureModuleImporter instance at 0xb770340c>,
       'nothing': None,
       'options': {'args': ()},
       'repeat': <Products.PageTemplates.TALES.SafeMapping object at 0xb3427aac>,
       'request': <HTTPRequest, URL=http://localhost:9080/index_html/document_view>,
       'root': <OFS.Application.Application object at 0xb37f5eac>,
       'template': <ZopePageTemplate at /Plone/document_view used for /Plone/index_html>,
       'traverse_subpath': [],
       'user': plone}

    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
      __traceback_info__: here.hide_columns(sl,sr)
    * Module Python expression "here.hide_columns(sl,sr)", line 1, in <expression>
    * Module AccessControl.ImplPython, line 534, in guarded_getattr

AttributeError: hide_columns (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the standard error message.)

I've looked at the global_defines.pt file but can't see where the error
is coming from.

Thanks in advance,

Des
--

Des Dougan, Principal
Dougan Consulting Group

Ph: 604-980-2848       Email: des at DouganConsulting dot com

        www.DouganConsulting.com

Design - Implementation - Support