[Setup] Re: Can't get Plone+Apache SSL to work

KE Liew ke.liew at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 21:06:26 UTC 2006

On 8/5/06, Martin Malek <martin.malek at telia.com> wrote:
> Yes that was deliberate. I was just trying something out. You are completely
> right. It should be 81 not 82.
> Sorry for posting invalid info. But it doesn't respond to 81 either.

Double check whether you are able to access to zope directly.

> Must I have apache listening to the port I want to rewrite?

If you mean port 443, yes. but if you mean the port for zope, no. You
don't need to open up zope's port on your firewall either, unless you
want to access it directly at some point.

> Should the RewriteRule be inside or outside the Virtualhost?

Should be inside.

> I am using SSLRequireSSL in all my <Directory > listings. Could that be an
> issue?

What I would suggest is to strip it to the bare minimum to make sure
that SSL works as it is without any other options.

<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLEngine On

SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/my-server.cert
SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/my-server.key

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*)
http://81.26.252.160:82/VirtualHostBase/https/81.26.252.160:443/VirtualHostRoot/$1
[P]
</VirtualHost>

Try that for a size. And start debugging what went wrong from here on.
Turn on RewriteRule Log as well, and see what's up.

(For apache2.1:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.1/pt-br/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritelog)