[Setup] Re: Single-sign on with Active Directory

Nick Davis nd51 at le.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 16:01:27 UTC 2006

Sinéad Reynolds wrote:
> I am trying to get single sign-on up and running, so that when a user opens a
> Plone Site, they are automatically logged in as a member.
>

> I have looked at the PlonePAS product, but don't really understand how it
> works, and if it is preferable to LDAPUserFolder.
>
> Has anyone got a similar setup to mine, or can help me out with the last step?

We have a similar set up to you - authentication against LDAP but need
to sign on twice.

Maybe your users should ask just how important single-sign-on is. Some
people consider it a holy grail but is it really a big hardship logging
on twice at the beginning of the day?

The problem with PlonePAS is it lacks any decent documentation so far,
and to me it has sufficient bugs to be not quite mature enough for going
live with yet.

You might look at http://www.enfoldsystems.com/Products/Server which
costs $2000 but may in the end be cheaper than messing about trying to
get PlonePAS working.

Cheers
Nick

--