[Setup] Single-sign on with Active Directory

Sinéad Reynolds sinead.reynolds at finance.gov.ie
Tue Aug 1 14:34:20 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am running Plone 2.1.2 on a Windows 2003 Server.
We use Active Directory and IIS.

I am trying to get single sign-on up and running, so that when a user opens a
Plone Site, they are automatically logged in as a member.

I have LDAPUserFolder installed, and all users mapped to the role of member.
However, they are still required to log on to the site.

I have searched for documentation, and found:

http://plone.org/documentation/how-to/singlesignonwindowsdomains
which details how to set it up with Apache and recommends using PlonePAS and
RemoteUserFolder.

I have looked at the PlonePAS product, but don't really understand how it
works, and if it is preferable to LDAPUserFolder.

Has anyone got a similar setup to mine, or can help me out with the last step?

All help appreciated!

Sinéad