[Setup] Plone trouble

Dave Fregon dave at netaxxs.com.au
Tue Aug 1 02:15:16 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 02:45 +0100, deepak verghese wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up plone on a sun server with Fedora core
> 5.
>
> I installed PLone and we have done a little
> customization.
> I wanted to restart Plone and stopped plone
> but when i restart plone it gives me an error
>
> Traceback (most recent call last)
> .
> .
> .
> file "<string>"' line1 in bind socket.error(13,
> 'Permission denied')

Not sure the default port your installed zope version is on FC5, but you
could try lsof ( eg: lsof -i :8080 ) to see what is on it?

Have you changed the default port or user zope runs as? (zope can drop
back to a user account as in 'effective user' in ZOPEHOME/etc/zope.conf
when started by root, and this could be your issue if you have changed
to a privileged port, regardless of the fact you start zope as the root
user)

Dave Fregon