[Setup] Cannot make Plone Gazette visible

Bastien Gauthier GBastien at commune.Sambreville.be
Tue Apr 25 09:48:27 UTC 2006

You have to add at least one "newsletter theme" if you want the portlet to appear...

BASTIEN Gauthier
Service Informatique - Administration Communale de Sambreville
071/260.247
http://www.sambreville.be

-----Message d'origine-----
De : setup-bounces at lists.plone.org [mailto:setup-bounces at lists.plone.org] De la part de Nik Lam
Envoyé : mardi 25 avril 2006 11:03
À : setup at lists.plone.org
Objet : [Setup] Cannot make Plone Gazette visible

Hi,

I've been trying to get PloneGazette to work but I can't get the portlet
to appear.

After installing it using QuickInstall, I've tried putting

here/portlet_gazette/macros/portlet

in various positions in the left_slot or the right_slot of the
properties of the plone instance, but there is no change to the
appearance of my plone home page at all.

I've tried both the "1.0 final" version and a version I checked a couple
of hours ago:

svn co https://svn.pilotsystems.net/projets/PloneGazette <https://svn.pilotsystems.net/projets/PloneGazette/trunk>

but they both behave the same way.

The only thing that I see in event.log that mentions PloneGazette are
several repetitions of the following entry

2006-04-25T18:04:22 INFO Plone Debug
/usr/local/www/Z28RW/Products/PloneGazette/skins/PloneGazette/NewsletterTheme_editForm.cpt:
No default action specified for status success, content type ANY. Users
of IE can submit pages using the return key, resulting in no button in
the REQUEST. Please specify a default action for this case.

OS is FreeBSD 6.0.
Python version is 2.4.3 (installed from FreeBSD ports)
Zope version is 2.8.6 (installed from FreeBSD ports)
Plone version is 2.1.2 (installed from tarball)

I've applied the latest security hotfix.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on this?

Cheers,

Nik Lam