[Setup] Re: AT + mimetype related 2.0_final to 2.1.2 migration faliure

Daniel Dekany ddekany at freemail.hu
Thu Apr 20 22:56:50 UTC 2006

I have tracked it back as far as I can, but at the end I don't really
understand what I see:

The AT objects have fields defined in their schemas. Each AT field
value has a mimetype (the "mimetype" attribute of the BaseUnit). This
is a Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypeItem object. Still, for some


evaluates to false, and this leads to the error that aborts the
migration. Why does it not implement IMimetype? It's strange, because
the MimeTypeItem class has this line:

    __implements__ = (IMimetype, )

and mimetype above is a
Products.PortalTransforms.zope.MimeTypeItem.MimeTypeItem, which as far
as I understand is the same as
Products.MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypeItem, since in
PortalTransforms.__init__ I see:

     from Products.MimetypesRegistry import MimeTypeItem
     setattr(this_module, 'MimeTypeItem', MimeTypeItem)

     from Products.MimetypesRegistry import MimeTypeItem
     sys.modules['Products.PortalTransforms.zope.MimeTypeItem'] = MimeTypeItem

Still, if I print mimetype.__implements__, I get this:

    (<Interface webdav.EtagSupport.EtagBaseInterface at 407df26c>,)

but I have expected this (maybe wrongly...):

    (<Interface Products.MimetypesRegistry.interfaces.MimeTypeItem at xxxxxxxx>,)

What could be the problem?
Best regards,
 Daniel Dekany

Monday, February 13, 2006, 12:39:15 PM, Nick Davis wrote:

> Hi,
>    The traceback you posted may be significant. Or, if a secondary 
> symptom of something that went wrong earlier, it may not. So I would 
> first address some other possible root causes:
>    Going straight from 2.0_final to 2.1.2 seems to me quite a jump. I 
> doubt many people have done that all in one go, especially with custom
> AT-based products.
> You could try upgrading 2.0_final to 2.0.5,
> then perhaps individually upgrade AT from 1.2.5RC4 to 1.3.5
> then 2.0.5 to 2.1.2
> (all on, say, Zope 2.7.7).
> At each stage make sure the site is working properly.
> Its possible with what you did before, that although it says you got 
> from 2.0_final to 2.0.5 without errors, the site was left in a slightly
> messed-up state which then broke the further migration from 2.0.5 to 2.1.2.
> As for Mimetypes, we got Mimetypes-related errors after migration, and
> found when looking at Mimetypes registry through the ZMI, all the icons
> were broken. We uninstalled Mimetypes and reinstalled it and everything
> was OK. So you might need to do that. I don't know why. ;-)
> Hope that helps,
> Nick

More information about the Setup mailing list