[Setup] Plone login behind Apache 1.3 results in Zope page?

Paul Suh paul.suh at ps-enable.com
Tue Apr 18 04:22:48 UTC 2006

Folks,

OK, some more poking at things on my part. The problem only occurs --
but it does occur every single time -- if you use the login portlet
in the left column. It does NOT occur if you click on the login link
in the header section and log in.

If you use the portlet, checking the Apache logs reveals that Plone
is returning a 302 code to the POST:

192.168.1.2 - - [18/Apr/2006:00:19:14 -0400] "POST /login_form HTTP/
1.1" 302 23001 "http://www.ncac-cubscoutspack8.org/" "Mozilla/5.0
(Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418 (KHTML, like Gecko)
Safari/417.9.2"
192.168.1.2 - - [18/Apr/2006:00:19:14 -0400] "GET /virtual_hosting///?
portal_status_message=Welcome%21+You+are+now+logged+in. HTTP/1.1" 200
3082 "http://www.ncac-cubscoutspack8.org/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh;
U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/417.9.2"

If you use the login link from the header section and login form to
log in, you get a 200 result to the POST:

192.168.1.2 - - [18/Apr/2006:00:20:56 -0400] "POST /login_form HTTP/
1.1" 200 23001 "http://www.ncac-cubscoutspack8.org/login_form"
"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Safari/417.9.2"

Anybody know what's going on?

--Paul

Paul