[Setup] LDAPUserfolder and Active Directory groups management

Chris Emery Chris.Emery at cpcc.edu
Fri Apr 7 16:53:57 UTC 2006

Thanks for the responses.

There are no security errors on the AD box we are connecting to, and I
am fairly confident that isn't the issue (I tested this possibility
using a domain admin account as the manager proxy).
http://ingeniweb.sourceforge.net/Products/GroupUserFolder/doc/README-LDA
P.html seems to indicate in the 'Groups Support Info' section that
adding groups should be supported though.

We are interested in this due to the division of roles in our IT shop.
The Networking team manages Active Directory, and the web team manages
authorization in what will soon be a rather large Plone installation (we
will be looking at somewhere near 100 subdirectories with unique
permissions).

While there are other solutions (request new groups from the NIS team,
grant web team users limited access to AD, etc.) it would be a bit more
elegant imo to use the zmi - which will be familiar - to manage the
groups rather than accessing AD directly. This would seem closest to the
default plone behavior, and would simply be swapping out where the users
and groups are stored.

Christopher Emery
Information Technology Services
Central Piedmont Community College