[Setup] LDAPUserfolder and Active Directory groups management

Larry unclelarry at velocitus.net
Fri Apr 7 16:13:01 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am using Using Plone 2.1, LDAPUserfolder 2.6, python-ldap 2 to
authenticate my plone instance to M$ Active Directory. Overall it is working
quite nicely.

Authentication works, managing group membership works (meaning I can add AD
user objects to existing AD groups), and I can manage permissions by
assigning local roles to AD groups, but when I try to add a new Group
through the ZMI I receive the following somewhat vague error:

UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM LDAPDelegate.insert: {'info': '0000054F: SvcErr:
DSID-031A0FBC, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0\n', 'desc': 'Server
is unwilling to perform'} (2006-04-07 11:54)

Any light that anyone can shed upon this would be most welcome.

emery

Emery,

Can't help you on this, we do all of our Active Directory maintenance
through the MS gui tools. This works fine and our Plone site just has read
access to our AD info. I don't know if anyone else is managing AD users and
groups through Plone...

Larry Pitcher
Internet Product Manager
Baker Boyer Bank