[Setup] LDAPUserfolder and Active Directory groups management

Chris Emery Chris.Emery at cpcc.edu
Fri Apr 7 15:58:07 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am using Using Plone 2.1, LDAPUserfolder 2.6, python-ldap 2 to
authenticate my plone instance to M$ Active Directory. Overall it is
working quite nicely.

Authentication works, managing group membership works (meaning I can add
AD user objects to existing AD groups), and I can manage permissions by
assigning local roles to AD groups, but when I try to add a new Group
through the ZMI I receive the following somewhat vague error:

UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM LDAPDelegate.insert: {'info': '0000054F: SvcErr:
DSID-031A0FBC, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0\n', 'desc':
'Server is unwilling to perform'} (2006-04-07 11:54)

Any light that anyone can shed upon this would be most welcome.

emery