[Setup] Problem migrating sub-classed ATContentTypes content

André Knörig ak at ak-rocks.de
Sat Apr 1 18:27:58 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble migrating my customised content types, which
are subclassing ATContentTypes.
I am migrating from Plone 2.0.5 to 2.1.2, which involves a migration
of ATCT 0.2 to 1.0.3. The Plone migration went fine, but now I have to
update my customised content types. The type that causes the problem
is one based on ATFolder. When I just try to view one, I get a

   KeyError: 'constrainTypesMode'

which makes sense, because this field was introduced in ATCT 1.0. So I
figured I just have to run archetypes_tool/updateSchema, but then I get

   ValueError: layout must be a non empty string, got folder_listing()

(see traceback below). I did not modify anything regarding the layout
machinery in my customizations, so I'm now at a loss.

Does anybody have an idea? As you can see, it's *almost* correct, but
somehow 'folder_listing' is not returned as a string, but as something
else (a function?).

Thanks a lot for your help,
andré>

----

Traceback (innermost last):
   Module Products.Archetypes.ArchetypeTool, line 1052, in
manage_updateSchema
   Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 796, in ZopeFindAndApply
   Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 784, in ZopeFindAndApply
   Module Products.Archetypes.ArchetypeTool, line 1068, in _updateObject
   Module Products.Archetypes.BaseObject, line 831, in _updateSchema
   Module Products.ATContentTypes.content.base, line 227, in
initializeArchetype
   Module Products.ATContentTypes.content.base, line 251, in
copyLayoutFromParent
   Module Products.CMFDynamicViewFTI.browserdefault, line 179, in
setLayout
ValueError: layout must be a non empty string, got
folder_listing(<type 'unicode'>)