[Setup] Re: Error when strying to create a site

Jesse jesseL33 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:47:00 UTC 2005

I just ran into this and a guru friend put me on the path to righteousness.  You
know that when you add a Plone Site you are supposed to be at the Root level.  I
thought I was, when I clicked "Plone" in ZMI, and then Add: Plone Site.  I got
this exact error.

Really tho, I was not at the Root.  I was in my default Plone instance, called
"Plone".  You get to the root in the ZMI by clicking "Root Folder" at the very
top of the left nav -- yes, it *is* clickable!  :-]

>From there, try Add: Plone Site, and it should work!  The url will be
http://yourHostName:portalNumber/yourNewSiteName

Good luck!