[Setup] CMFBoard poses migration problem?

Rui Gamito atrium601 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 12:41:03 UTC 2005

Hello all.

I'm having problems migrating a pretty simple site (www.alinex.org) from
plone 2.0.5 zope 2.7.5 to plone plone 2.1.1 zope 2.8.4.

The migration was ok, and there were no errors reported.
The first strange thing is that the CMFBoard product does not appear on
the products list, and "portal_cmfboard" and "CMFBoardCache2" say they
are broken...
I don't really know if this is the cause of my problem, but the main
issue here is that when I try to "view" the site, I get this:

Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 187, in publish_module_standard
  * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51,
    in new_publish
  * Module Zope2.App.startup, line 199, in zpublisher_exception_hook
  * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
  * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
  * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalContent, line 109, in __call__
  * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalContent, line 109, in __call__
  * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalContent, line 109, in __call__
* RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded in cmp

I get this whether I run python 2.3 or 2.4...

Any clue of what's happening?

Rui.