[Setup] Re: Migration Issue - Folder Content Types

Raphael Ritz r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 18 15:51:25 UTC 2005

Philip Kilner wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm browsing a site which has failed to migrate via the ZMI.
>
> There are a considerable number of Plone folders which identify
> themselves as Plone folders in the ZMI - but the image displayed is
> "dtmldoc.gif", implying that perhaps the content type has been mangled
> in the migration. There does not seem to be an obvious pattern as to
> which folders are affected by this and which not, although 95% of the
> folders below the first level are affected.
>
> Is this something anyone else has seen?

Not to that extend.

The only non-migrated folders I came across so far have
been originally created using FTP/WebDAV uploads.

They aren't found by the catalog query which figures
out what to migrate as they were never really fully
created (or at least not in the right way).

What was helping me to fix this was to access them
(after migration) from a debug session, calling

site.portal_types['CMF Folder']._finishConstruction(<borked-folder-obj>)

on all of them and then repeating the type migration.
And don't forget to commit the transaction before
closing the debug session or the changes won't be
persisted:

   import transaction; transaction.commit()

HTH

	Raphael