[Setup] Re: migration 2.0.5->2.1.1 troubles

Lucia Colombo llcolombo at email.it
Wed Nov 16 15:00:27 UTC 2005

I was having multilanguage sites, and MultilingualWorkflow (together with
PlonePortlets and the navigation tree) was giving problems -
MutlilingualWorkflow is no longer in 2.1.1 - don't actually remember exaclty
what problem, but the migration was not succeeding.
So what I did was to first start Zope with those products as well, and then
uninstall them from the to-be-migrated site in the ZMI with quickinstaller.
Then stop Zope, remove the packages from the Products directory, restart
Zope and with quickinstaller install also Archetypes first (but don't know
if it was needed) and ATContentTypes. Reinstalled also PloneLanguageTool and
LinguaPlone. Then probably used the ATCT_migration as well (I think on one
of the sites, the other ones did not need it), and then migrated the site.
Don't know if it helps...

Lucia

"Raphael Ritz" <r.ritz at biologie.hu-berlin.de> ha
scritto nel messaggio news:dlffau$84n$1 at sea.gmane.org...
> Nick Davis wrote:
>>
>>> 1. In ZMI, go to the to-be-migrated site's quickinstaller
>>>    and install ATContentTypes
>>> 2. Still in ZMI go to 'portal_atct' (created in step 1)
>>> 3. Do a version migration there (2nd Tab) - takes some time
>>> 4. Do a type migration (4th tab - I think) - can take a _long_ time