[Setup] Re: Multiple plone sites with Plone 2.1.1 Windowsinstaller

Rich Briggs rbriggs at virtc.com
Fri Nov 11 12:25:55 UTC 2005

Dan & Alan,

Thanks. I had not heard that nested plone sites was a bad idea. At my office
we have an older version of plone installed with many sites nested inside
the default plone instance (not for any particularly good reason) which
seems to work fine. I will dicontinue that practice :)

Accessing the site via port 8080 (http://localhost:8080/newploneinstance)
does the trick for the short-term and since I have apache set up with
rewrite already this is how I'll move forward. Thanks for the help on the
issue. The different behavior depending on whether you go through port 80 or
8080 does seem a bit strange. If there is something I can do to help
identify the issue or a snapshot of the "bad behavior" is helpful let me
know (wasn't sure if it was bad form to attach a PNG on this list).

Thanks,

Rich