[Setup] Multiple plone sites with Plone 2.1.1 Windows installer

Rich Briggs rbriggs at virtc.com
Thu Nov 10 22:06:56 UTC 2005

Hopefully there are some folks out there using the windows based installer
with multipe "Plone Site" instances. I have installed Plone 2.1.1 on a fresh
machine and tried to create additional instances of "Plone Site" through the
ZMI both at the root level (same level as the default Plone Site instance)
and inside the default "Plone Site" instance. When I try to create one
inside the default instance I get the error message below. When I create in
the root folder it creates successfully but pages are only viewable when you
are inside of the ZMI. When you go to the site through the normal port (80
for most) it shows the navigation pane and you can click on the Welcome link
but the page only shows the editing header not the actual content. Does
anyone have any ideas? On a different server, I upgraded my 2.0.5 install to
2.1.1 and now can't create any new sites :( I've searched around the
internet for a few days but haven't found anything on this problem. Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Site Error

AssertionError

Sorry, a site error occurred.

Traceback (innermost last):

*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
*	Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line 51,
in new_publish
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 132, in publish
*	Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
*	Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
*	Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 453, in manage_addSite
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 425, in create
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 382, in setupPlone
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.MigrationTool, line 265, in upgrade
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.MigrationTool, line 362, in _upgrade
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.v2_1.alphas, line 63, in
two05_alpha1
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.v2_1.alphas, line 271, in
installATContentTypes
*	Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.migration_util, line 86, in
installOrReinstallProduct
*	Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line 308,
in installProduct
	__traceback_info__: ('ATContentTypes',)
*	Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
	__traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite instance at 01E77B30>,),
{'reinstall': False}, None)
*	Module C:\Program Files\Plone
2\Data\Products\ATContentTypes\Extensions\Install.py, line 78, in install

AssertionError: (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render the
standard error message.)