[Setup] NT 4.0 - Service Support

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Tue Nov 8 11:31:19 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I guess this is as much a Zope issue as a Plone issue, but now we have a
shiny new list for set-up issues, this might be the best place to ask...

It seems that the Windows service support for Windows NT 4.0 is broken -
the install process dies horribly at the point where it tries to install
the server.

I propose to test this again ext time I have access to the server in
question, but before I do: -

- Has anyone managed to successfully run Zope/Plone as a service on NT
4.0 without installing it manually or using a wrapper? If so, how?

- Does anyone else care?

(This ancient server is buzzing away in a remote data centre, and is
useful to us, but I know that NT 4.0 is old news...)

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison