[Setup] Re: Problems with installing Plone

Norman Herbert Voss norman.voss at ahrchk.org
Tue Nov 8 07:01:31 UTC 2005

I had the same problem but could not completely fix it.

> Well, then I decided to try other combinations of software versions. I
> tried
> Plone 2.1.1 with Zope 2.8.1, 2.8.4, 2.7.7, I tried Plone 2.1 with Zope 2.7.7
> (all with Python 2.3.5), but all of my attempts led to the same result.
Tried all combinations like you as well so I thought it might be the python

instead of using a self build Python 2.3.5, I started to use the
installed Python 2.4.2 on a FreeBSD system by using the
option "--with-python=/usr/local/bin/python" for the Zope configuration

After that installing Plone did not result in hanging any more.
However, the problem now is that I still can't create Plone-sites
The product seems to be installed and the item appears in the add -drop
down menu but once a filled out the creation form and click the
button I am redirected to the form again and again.
(I followed the requirements for characters and get no error)
Likewise, I can not enter the main error_log

But I can create simple objects like folders in the root folder

I did not find anything relating to this in the FAQ so I really need
some help now!

Zope 2.8.1 with Plone 2.1
Python 2.4.2 (#1, Nov  7 2005, 14:13:13)
[GCC 3.4.2 [FreeBSD] 20040728] on freebsd5

Thanks,
Norman Voss
Asian Human Rights Commission