[Setup] Problems with installing Plone

Key Pee kirill at hillbilly.ru
Mon Nov 7 09:52:53 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I tried to install Plone and have some problems with it.

When I installed Python 2.3.5 it was everything OK. Then, I installed Zope
2.8.1 and it worked fine. After adding all of CMFPlone, Archetypes etc.
products it was still all right. But when I tried to add an instance of
Plone Site to ZODB it was a problem. The Zope buzzed and when I typed 'top'
in my FreeBSD console I found that Zope holds up to 98% of system resources!
I even tried to leave it working for a couple of hours, but after it I found
that it was still buzzing...

Well, then I decided to try other combinations of software versions. I tried
Plone 2.1.1 with Zope 2.8.1, 2.8.4, 2.7.7, I tried Plone 2.1 with Zope 2.7.7
(all with Python 2.3.5), but all of my attempts led to the same result.

I checked log files but didn't find anything special there, everything was
OK in logs, but Zope was buzzing everytime I tried to add a Plone Site
instance to it...

Could anybody give me an advice on how to solve my problem?

Great thanks in advance!

Kirill Prasalov
Web developer
www.doublesquare.com