[Setup] Error when strying to create a site

Pierre Thibault pthibault33 at yahoo.ca
Mon Nov 7 03:36:55 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am a newbie to Zope and I am unable to create a new Web site.

I have:

Mac SO X 10.4.3
Plone 2.1.1 in Applications/
Zope-3.1.0 in /usr/local/
Zope 2.8.4 in the default location (I am unable to find it on my drive :-()

Here is the error I have:

>     Site Error
>
> An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>
> *AssertionError*
>
> Sorry, a site error occurred.
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>
>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 175, in publish_module_standard
>     * Module Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PatchStringIO, line
>       51, in new_publish
>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 132, in publish
>     * Module Zope.App.startup, line 204, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
>     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 453, in manage_addSite
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 425, in create
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.Portal, line 382, in setupPlone
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.MigrationTool, line 265, in upgrade
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.MigrationTool, line 362, in _upgrade
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.v2_1.alphas, line 63, in
>       two05_alpha1
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.v2_1.alphas, line 271, in
>       installATContentTypes
>     * Module Products.CMFPlone.migrations.migration_util, line 86, in
>       installOrReinstallProduct
>     * Module Products.CMFQuickInstallerTool.QuickInstallerTool, line
>       308, in installProduct
>       __traceback_info__: ('ATContentTypes',)
>     * Module Products.ExternalMethod.ExternalMethod, line 225, in __call__
>       __traceback_info__: ((<PloneSite instance at 2d182f0>,),
>       {'reinstall': False}, None)
>     * Module
>       /Applications/Plone2/Sites/Default/Products/ATContentTypes/Extensions/Install.py,
>       line 78, in install
>
> AssertionError: (Also, an error occurred while attempting to render
> the standard error message.)
>
> Troubleshooting Suggestions
>
>     * The URL may be incorrect.
>     * The parameters passed to this resource may be incorrect.
>     * A resource that this resource relies on may be encountering an
>       error.
>
> For more detailed information about the error, please refer to error log.
>
> If the error persists please contact the site maintainer. Thank you
> for your patience

I am sorry to say that I don't know what to do from here.

--

Best Regards.

Pierre